Press digest from last week


TechnipFMC wins Gorgon subsea contract, helps Shell start up Kaikias ahead of schedule


PARIS – Chevron Australia has contracted TechnipFMC for subsea installations for the Gorgon Stage Two development offshore Western Australia in water depths from 250-1,340 m (820-4,396 ft).

The scope covers project management and engineering, transportation, installation and pre-commissioning of umbilicals, flying leads and manifolds, and fabrication, transportation, installation, and testing of rigid spools.

TechnipFMC will use its local teams and various installation vessels for the offshore campaign.

Other partners in Gorgon are ExxonMobil, Shell, Osaka Gas, Tokyo Gas, and JERA. Phase 2 involves upgrading existing subsea facilities to ensure production is maintained for future gas supply.

TechnipFMC has also helped Shell bring onstream the Kaikias development in the US Gulf of Mexico a year ahead of schedule.

The contractor’s CEO Doug Pferdehirt said this was the industry’s first full-cycle, integrated EPCI (iEPCI) subsea project.

“Our collaborative early engagement significantly simplified field architecture,” he said, “further enabled by innovative Subsea 2.0 technology...



SOCAR Interested in Gas Distribution in Bulgaria


Azerbaijan’s state oil company SOCAR is interested in gas distribution in Bulgaria, Director of SOCAR Balkan company Murad Heydarov told Trend July 13.

Back in 2015, the Bulgarian government presented a set of projects on energy cooperation to Azerbaijan.

In particular, the Azerbaijani side was invited to participate in the construction of gas filling stations, invest in the construction of oil and gas storage facilities, oil refineries.

“The sphere of SOCAR’s interests in Bulgaria includes several potential projects, however the distribution of gas is currently on the agenda,” Heydarov said.

The company is exploring opportunities to invest in Bulgaria’s gas distribution network.

Earlier, SOCAR confirmed its intention to invest in the development of Bulgaria’s gas distribution network...



Total signs deal to buy two gas-fired power plants in France


The facilities represent a combined generation capacity of approximately 825MW

Total has agreed to buy two gas-fired combined cycle power plants (CCGT) in France from KKR-Energas.

The firm says the sites represent an electricity generation capacity of approximately 825MW and will help it reach its objective of achieving a 15% share of the business-to-consumer gas and power supply market in France and Belgium within the next five years...



Shell awarded two blocks offshore Mauritania


THE HAGUE, the Netherlands – Shell has signed two production-sharing contracts with Mauritania’s government for offshore blocks C-10 and C-19, covering exploration and potential future production of hydrocarbons.

“This move represents Shell’s entry into the West African Atlantic Margin exploration basin, which has significant potential,” said Andy Brown, Shell’s Upstream Director.

Following government approvals for the contracts, Shell will establish an office in Nouakchott and begin exploration activities, initially reprocessing and analysis of existing seismic data and acquisition of new data.

The company will operate the exploration program with a 90% interest, with state-owned Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier holding the remaining 10%.

Additionally, Shell and the government have a memorandum of understanding to jointly evaluate further offshore exploration opportunities, examine new ways of meeting the country’s domestic energy needs, and build capability in its energy sector...



Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to keep up to date with the latest industry news in all key market sectors regarding project developments, company news, market trends.